Saturday, December 1, 2012
Action Research Weekly Thoughts
This week's correspondence with my site mentor was somewhat frustrating. The frustration came from me not having many of my thoughts together on action research and the fact that most of my thoughts were focused too much on qualitative data. This caused me to stress out thinking I wouldn't be able to come up with a topic to research that would be interesting enough for me while being realistic enough to actually conduct and evaluate. The exciting part of my week's correspondence came from slowly sorting through a lot of my thoughts and narrowing in on a few solid ideas. I am leaning towards researching the new teacher mentor program at district and/or campus level. I'd like to work in evaluation of staff development programs, but that is where I run into more qualitative data, rather than data I can quantify. Although I still have a lot of the specifics to work out, as well as coming up with the question I want to research, I feel like I am at a much better place than I was 72 hours ago. My mentor and I will meet Monday; not to finalize everything (as this seems like a task that will be ever-evolving), and I am excited to see where I'll be in the next 72 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment